Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mini-Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1242
    Reading:  116
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    My fault, completely, that stats weren't taken and my excuses are legitimate but flimsy. This morning I returned from several errands just in time to awaken my mother at her 12 hour night sleep limit: 1230. I took her BG but got so involved in trying to square away supplies and manage her trek into the bathroom and all the little things I do to prepare us for her bath that I created a great deal of excitement and decided I wasn't interested in knowing what her BP is when there are more than the usual morning irritants affecting it.
    This evening, well, I just plumb forgot because we were busy talking, watching news, etc. I'm sorry I did because we did, indeed, have strawberry shortcake for breakfast and I was curious to see how her blood sugar would look in the evening. She took a later and longer than usual nap, today. She was having problems with body stiffness so I gave her an adult aspirin right after breakfast. That seemed to help but, when she finally went in to nap at 1600 I was so tired from lack of sleep, continuing cold trials and a very early, very long, very busy morning that I decided to nap, as well. I didn't awaken until 1915 when I heard the toilet in her bathroom flush.
    Needless to say, she didn't have a lunch. Because we were pretty much on schedule for dinner and I figured it would take me about 45 minutes to an hour to prepare dinner, I gave her coffee and she ended up having only two meals today, instead of two meals and a light snack lunch (which, lately, has been consisting of V-8 juice, heavily peppered cottage cheese and a 1 oz. package of peanuts). For dinner we devoured the rest of last night's dinner, substituting pickled asparagus spears for the broccoli we had last night. Everything was just as good the second time around.
    She and I were both feeling much better post nap. She stayed up until just about midnight. Her light went off around 0030.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home