Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Half Stat Day:

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2050
    Reading:  143
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2028
    BP:  126/62
    Pulse:  64

    Breakfast was a blur this morning, which is why there are no stats. Mr. Man, our new kitten, had his well kitten check at 0900 this morning. We were back by 0945, so I decided to get in some errands before Mom awoke. I was back by 1100 but Mom, surprisingly, considering her very late retirements and arisings, lately, was already up and in the bathroom when I returned. I had to hustle to get her ready and prepare breakfast. Nothing unusual about breakfast this morning, by the way. It was all standard.
    Her lunch was very light but occurred less than an hour before dinner, which accounts for the fairly high blood sugar, and consisted of only an 11.5 oz glass of V-8 juice. If I'd waited for another hour to serve dinner (I didn't because her nap was quite long and I knew that we'd have trouble getting in both a lunch and dinner), I expect that her blood sugar would have been close to normal range, if not in normal range.
    Dinner this evening was marinated, broiled steak, home made french fries (slathered with an obscene amount of ketchup, in Mom's case) and pickled asparagus spears.
    Despite her relatively early arising, she, again, didn't retire until 0100 3/4/06; her light went out about 1330.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home