Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

BM Half Day-After-Travel Stats:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1410
    Reading:  143
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1410
    BP:  131/69
    Pulse:  53

    Her BG is a little higher than I expected, considering that I administered her first dose of glipizide at around 1000 and let her fall back to sleep. I can't imagine what it must have been at the time she took the glipizide.
    Breakfast was normal all the way around. She went back to bed around 1630. I didn't fight her on this.
    She awoke from her nap at 1830. Had some peanuts, V-8 juice and her second iron capsule of the day.
    "This is new. I don't usually get pills at lunch."
    She gets a gold star for remembering this. "No," I agreed, "you haven't. But, now that we've got you on three iron capsules a day, I figure one of them should fall sometime in the middle of the other two."
    "That sounds like a good idea. Why am I getting three capsules now?"
    "Oh, the doctor is worried about your hemoglobin. It's at a low cycle for you, but not unusually low. Not like when you needed a transfusion. Not even close. I agreed to give you a third capsule. He's concerned that you might be bleeding again and wants to scope you. I told him know. This was his compromise."
    "No more scopes."
    "I agree."
    "Well, I guess that's (worrying) what we pay him for."
    "I guess so."
    She ate dinner at about 2100: The left over ribs from last night and the left over Mac & Cheese with Extras from night before last. She didn't eat everything. I didn't push. She wasn't up much and didn't move much.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 2235: Fairly good volume; fairly good consistency; very easy elimination; somewhat smeary clean-up.
    As I finish this up at 2302 her light remains on. She's reading. I'll keep an eye out for the moment that her room goes dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home