Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1032
    Reading:  154
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1032
    BP:  144/76
    Pulse:  74

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1959
    Reading:  130
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1959
    BP:  124/64
    Pulse:  57

    Once again, Mom was up on her own at 1015. I was amazed. She was fully conscious, already in the bathroom and ready to go when I heard her. This worked out well, as we received a Surprise Cat Package about an hour after she'd awakened which set the active tone for the day.
    Still doing banana bread at breakfast. We've got one or two days left on this loaf. She also had a lunch, today: a 1 oz bag of peanuts and an 11.5 oz glass of V-8 juice.
    Her nap occurred at 1445 and was of typical length: she was up at 1630.
    She voiced a preference for "something spicy" for dinner, which, for her, means something hot. I served buffalo wings and cottage cheese. I also gave her a second glipizide because of the height of her BG. It's usually closer to normal at this time of day. As well, about a half hour before we ate, around the time I was taking stats, she mentioned that she was sweating. I felt her forehead. Sure enough, she was. Since she almost never sweats, this concerned me. She said, "Maybe whatever's been making me feel bad the last couple of days broke."
    I hadn't been aware she'd been feeling bad and told her so.
    "Oh," she said, looking a little confused, "it was nothing. No reason to mention it."
    Usually I pick up on her not feeling good and ask her about it, although I recalled giving her aspirin and guaifenex a couple times over the last few days.
    She did a lot of mouth breathing last night so I put her on tanked, pulse oxygen last night around 1830. I also noticed, when we were preparing her for bed (she retired at 2345; light went off at 0000 4/2/06 straight up) that her belly and face looked puffy, so I gave her what probably amounted to about 8 mg of furosemide; it was half a 20 mg pill out of which the center of the cut side had crumbled in the bottle. Her feet, though were not unusually puffy when I rubbed down her legs and her arms could have mistaken her for being dehydrated.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1745, and was a repeat of yesterdays: Fair volume; hard consistency, yet again another big rock of melded smaller shit rocks; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home