Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

BM Yet Another No Stat Day:

    Totally my fault. I awoke at 0730, after having gone to bed, as usual, some time around 0200. Had an errand to run, yes, even though it was Sunday. When I returned I set up the house for Mom and looked up some stuff on the internet that I still have to print for our appointment on Tuesday. At 1130 I was finished and incredibly tired after more than a couple days in a row of 5-6 hours sleep, so I thought, "Mom went to bed around midnight, so she'll probably awaken of her own accord between now and 1300. I'll lay down for a nap. I'll hear her when she awakens and we'll both start her day fresh."
    Ah the plans of mice and men...I awoke with a start at 1500. Mom hadn't yet awakened. I scrambled to get her up. She'd completely soaked her bedding but was sleeping so blissfully that she was unaware of this. Anyway, I managed to have her eating breakfast by 1600. And, as it turned out, although I did remember her pills (but not the aloe vera gel), I forgot to take stats until it was too late.
    Needless to say, the rest of the day was very low key. No nap for Mom. At one point, about 1700, she was interested in one so I gave her a cup of caffeinated coffee, which did the trick. I think it was probably also responsible for stimulating her bowel movement this evening.
    Around 1800 I offered her a 1 oz bag of peanuts. Later, during a program she and I were watching we noticed someone eating fried chicken and both mentioned that it "looked good, but only the chicken, nothing else." So, when the program was over at 2000, after she had a bowel movement, I headed out to pick up a very short order of KFC. She ate around 2045, got all her pills on time, nothing extra, etc. I ate around 2115 (due to a phone conversation and a few chores).
    She retired at 0020, 4/3/06. Her light went off at 0100 straight up.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 2000: Good volume; good consistency, a touch smeary; very easy elimination; slightly challenging clean-up.
    I was surprised at how much "energy" on cup of caffeinated coffee gave her. I think I'll start incorporating a cup into her days, early, like maybe just before I suspect she's planning on napping. I have to watch my timing, since it stimulates her bowels. But, I'll try a cup of it tomorrow on her; maybe she'll be totally cleaned out for the trip, then I'll see to it that she receives a cup during the trip day, probably around lunch. We have a long but active day planned. Although she'll have time for a nap, I think that a cup of coffee will keep her spirits up through the entire trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home