Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

BM Half 'n Half Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1407
    Reading:  135
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2135
    Reading:  135
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Nope, that's not a mistake. Her BG was the same at both readings. No BP because the batteries showed low, the time was off and I was out of batteries. It's also not a mistake that I took her blood glucose at 1407. She was actually up at about 1340; I heard her and the cat "came out", letting me know that Mom was up. It took me awhile, after I realized that something was wrong with the BP monitor, that I was not going to be able to replace the batteries. In the meantime, assuming that I'd find batteries, I kept Mom in the bathroom, checking up on her, administering her pills, chatting her up, while I discovered we didn't have any more meter batteries.
    Despite this, she did get up late this morning. I let it happen. She didn't have a nap until 1745, after we'd finished watching the new King Kong, with which she stayed, amazingly. She was finished with her nap at a little after 1900. She got V-8 juice, peanuts and her second iron capsule of the day. I'm not sure whether I'll give her all three, today. Depends how long she stays up.
    For dinner she had a bowl full of chunky potato soup with sausage, onion, freshly chopped garlic, celery and sun dried tomatoes.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 2240: Very good volume; good consistency; very easy elimination; somewhat smeary clean-up.
    She retired at 2300. Her light was off by 2306. Tired. In a good mood all day today and tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home