Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1412
    Reading:  159
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1412
    BP:  130/65
    Pulse:  59

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2200
    Reading:  125
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2000
    BP:  113/57
    Pulse:  53

    That's right, Mom slept in and I let her. I've been burning the candle at both ends the past few days, including yesterday, and I needed some "respite".
    We're still getting high BGs in the morning. I'm looking forward to the results from her HA1c. I'm thinking I'll probably take her back to two glipizide, one in the morning and one at night, even if her HA1c is. Low. And, just keep an eye on it. Maybe two every other day, depending on what she eats.
    She had a good breakfast: Normal, including a cranberry scone (not of my making, but good). No lunch. We both took naps in the late afternoon. Neither of us were hungry in the evening. Finally, about 2200, we both decided we could use "a little something". I had some left over Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice (Original Recipe) and broccoli with Greek Dressing over it. Mom had two slices of banana bread and some cottage cheese. No extra glipizide.
    Mom retired at 2340. Her light went off at midnight, straight up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home