Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, June 23, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1310
    Reading:  110
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1304
    BP:  122/62
    Pulse:  60

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2047
    Reading:  134
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2043
    BP:  135/68
    Pulse:  59

    She's looking good this "morning". She actually awoke about 1245. When I managed to find the BP cuff, she was sitting up in her bed. "Whew! I'm just about ready for a nap," she said, once she had her balast balanced. That clued me that it's going to be a slow day for her.
    I started checking on her at 0900 (since I'd been up, by a cat quirk, at 0300) but didn't actually talk to her or rouse her in any way until 1100. At this point she mumbled, "Let me sleep," in response to me "A or B" question. I saw no reason not to oblige.
    I am, by the way, pleased to see the effect of a day of fresh fruit, vegetables, deviled eggs and croissants. I think we'll be doing this more often, and parts of it, here and there. My mom loves fresh fruit, as long as it's in season. Except pears. Thank the gods. I'm not much for pears, either, unless they're not quite ripe, with room temperature cheese. Mmmm. That sounds good. Maybe we'll do this during pear season.
    It's still early in the day, as you can see. I'll be back. Just wanted to record stats up to now.
    Bowel Movement at 1300: Excellent volume; soft consistency; very easy elimination; somewhat challenging clean-up.
    Lunch was normal: V-8 juice and peanuts.
    Dinner was left over macaroni & cheese with lots of good stuff; vegetables, extra meat, extra cheese. She made it clear, earlier, she was interested in comfort food.
    She was mostly sedentary today. I didn't push it. I took a nap on the sofa after she arose from her nap. I think she vegged out on TV while I slept. I awoke to carpenter ants with several queens swarming on the ceiling of the dinette, but that's another story.
    She retired at 1045. I noticed her light was out by 1100.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home