Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1447
    Reading:  113
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1512
    BP:  144/68
    Pulse:  55

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2020
    Reading:  174
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2016
    BP:  132/66
    Pulse:  56

    As you know, Mom went to bed really later than usual (for her) yesterday morning. Thus, I expected her to be ready to rise and shine at 1400 today. But, today was another rainy day right through until 1600. When I roused her at 1400, she asked for another half hour. When I returned at 1430, it took 17 minutes to get her to drop her arm over the edge of the bed so I could take her BG and almost another half hour to get her into the bathroom and relaxed enough to take her BP. Thus, I decided, we'll have a "cold" breakfast; this way, she'll eat a little sooner than if I'm frying bacon and eggs.
    Breakfast: Cut fruit (pineapple, kiwi, cantaloupe, and blueberries; half an "everything" bagel with chive and garlic (if you're wondering, I'm the one who adds the garlic) cream cheese. The bagel seemed to work well with breakfast yesterday, and Mom liked the change. As you'll notice from her BG this evening, though, her blood had a heyday with it, so I think we'll do this strictly as a treat breakfast, rather than normal fare. Of course, some of the problem is that barely five hours passed between breakfast and dinner. I tried to hold dinner off longer, but she began to gripe, loudly, about how hungry she was.
    Lunch: The detox tea she didn't have at breakfast (I gave her coffee instead of orange juice and she wasn't interested in much more liquid than this throughout the day, and she didn't look particularly dehydrated, so I let her determine her liquid intake, especially since fruit is loaded with water) and peanuts.
    Dinner: Chili dogs on bollilo rolls with chopped fresh Bermuda onion and grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese. Later in the evening, around 2300, she asked for "a little something sweet". I suggested a scoop of the creme brulee ice cream. She went for it. I served it in a bamboo crystal wine glass. She practically swooned.
    So, I imagine that her BG will probably be running riot in the morning. We'll cool it down a little, tomorrow.
    She was almost as lively this evening as she was yesterday evening. She retired at 0115, 8/11/06. Her light went off at 0130. Oh, yeah. No nap, today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home