Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1042
    Reading:  88
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1114
    BP:  121/63
    Pulse:  70

    Well, everything looks good, despite yesterday's popcorn and mint cocoa fest.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at about 1125, while we bathed her, as usual: Fair volume, slick consistency, very easy elimination, difficult clean-up. I think the one tablespoon of Benefiber® may be a bit much for her when she gets a lot of other fiber during the day, as she did yesterday. Maybe what I'll do is skip the morning fiber after a day when she has eaten lots of fibrous foods.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2044
    Reading:  108
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2044
    BP:  138/66
    Pulse:  69

    I'll be checking her blood pressure again before bed to see if she needs a third lisinopril. I'm surprised at her blood glucose reading. For lunch she had Marie Callendar's Chicken Pot Pie soup enhanced with extra chopped onion, carrots and celery and a teaspoon of sweet curry powder; plus about a quarter cup of MCS's Bread & Butter Pickles. That was at about 1700. Maybe, as I long ago suspected, the curry powder helps increase her cell sensitivity to insulin.
    For dinner she had about 6 oz. home corned beef and about a cup of peas with chopped onions, celery and bacon season with some Greek feta dressing.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2225
    BP:  147/72
    Pulse:  75

    I not only gave her an extra 2.5 mg lisinopril, her back was "grabbing", although she insisted it wasn't hurting, so I gave her two extra strength acetaminophen. I asked her how long her back had been bothering her. She couldn't remember, but I'll bet it's been since shortly after our exercise session, since she wasn't in the mood for it and resisted it. This, unfortunately, didn't occur to me until after I'd given her the third lisinopril, but I don't think it'll hurt her.
    Her light went off right at 2300.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home