Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1008
    Reading:  130
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1019
    BP:  131/66
    Pulse:  74

    The blood glucose is a result of the last two days: A chicken pot pie (I can't believe she ate the whole thing) at Marie Callendar's Restaurant in North Phoenix friday night; a piece of Double Lemon Meringue Pie (I can't believe she ate the whole thing) that she ordered to take back to the motel that evening; the nuts, Cheetos, chocolate cake, onionbun/pastrami/cheese/sandwich spread sandwich and bread and butter pickles she ate throughout the day Saturday while MPS stayed with her at the motel; the Carl's Jr. $6.00 Guacamole Bacon Burger with onion rings she insisted we pick up for dinner last night on our way home from Phoenix. All things considered, her body performed very well on all those refined carbohydrates.
    I'm not sure about her blood pressure and pulse rate, but I think it'll settle down, although I'll check it throughout the day. She has been in excellent spirits all day, had no problem arising at 1000 when I called her, has been looking rosy and we even did a formal exercise session today. At 1400 she went down for a nap. I'll call in her two hours, if she's still down.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred, as it often does, while we were bathing her, about 1045: Good volume, excellent consistency, very easy elimination, very easy clean-up. I did administer 1 tablespoon of Benefiber® in her orange juice this morning during breakfast. So far, it doesn't seem as though she needs much more than this per day, so I won't be hiking the dose per day unless necessary.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1622
    BP:  141/73
    Pulse:  75

    Curosity. I had to see how her blood pressure was doing. Although I seem to be the only one who worries about her systolic when it's this high. I gave her an extra lisinopril at lunch, which consisted of a pastrami and cheese sandwich with mustard and Italian dressing on an onion bun and about half a cup of MCS's superior Bread & Butter pickles.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2030
    Reading:  135
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2029
    BP:  135/72
    Pulse:  81

    Well, I'm not as concerned about her systolic as I am about her heart rate. I'll take her blood pressure again at bed time and, if necessary, give her a fourth lisinopril. Could just be her readjustment to the altitude. The next few days will tell.
    Neither of us were very hungry so dinner was a small version of Cobb salad; all the ingredients on about half the scale as usual.
    Her Bowel Movement was a pleasant surprise. At least she's not becoming impacted. I think one tablespoon of Benefiber® a day is all she needs at this time. I'm hoping it's not too much. This movement occurred at 1910: Fair volume, as though she was eliminating the last of what should have been eliminated this morning; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2314
    BP:  163/84
    Pulse:  89

    Well, obviously, I gave her a fourth 2.5 mg lisinopril tonight. I hope this is just a blip. She doesn't appear to be retaining water more than usual, but, if I'm wrong and she is, she'll probably shed most of it tonight. If her blood pressure is still unusually high in the morning, I'll probably give her 20 mg furosemide. I know that she and MPS consumed a lot of salt on Saturday while I was gone. Could be she's still flushing that. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home