Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1104
    Reading:  108
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1123
    BP:  118/66
    Pulse:  79

    Although her pulse rate is a little elevated, I'm not worried. I took her blood pressure within a minute after she'd manuevered herself into the bathroom and sat on the toilet. Her feet were swollen, despite her stellar blood pressure, she was doing a lot of dry hacking and I noticed that her belly seemed a little swollen. I'd taken an earlier blood pressure, right after she arose, that came out 146/75. Although I waited until breakfast to make the call, I decided to give her 20 mg furosemide, just to see if we couldn't work some of that excess fluid off.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1854
    Reading:  101
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1802
    BP:  115/65
    Pulse:  78

    Again, an elevated pulse rate, which surprised me since everything else seemed to be okay and she'd been sitting for awhile, but I let it go. We had only two meals, today. She slept through what would have been lunch and I didn't awaken her, figuring the furosemide was doing its thing. If you're wondering why there is a significant time lapse between taking her blood sugar and taking her blood pressure, I took her BP immediately when she arose, just to see how it was doing. I'll take it again before she retires.
    I made sure she got lots of potassium and sodium, as she's really flushing fluids, today. We had a hearty home made tomato basil marinara with chopped green peppers, onions and celery and a sprinkling of sausage, over rotini, sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and grilled french wheat garlic Parmesan bread. She ate lustily.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2111
    BP:  127/57
    Pulse:  69

    Although her systolic and pulse rate were a touch higher than I was expecting, I left her alone as far as extra meds are concerned. I figure, by morning, she'll be back to normal. She actually didn't go to bed for a good 45 minutes after I took her BP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home