Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1212
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1211
    BP:  117/62
    Pulse:  76

    She was up until midnight last night, which isn't odd considering that we ate dinner at around 2200. I'm working her back to a "normal" awakening time.
    Breakfast this morning was back to usual; bacon, egg, toast, orange juice and 1.5 tsp Benefiber®.
    I'm going to try to keep my "mouth shut" about her high pulse rates from now on. I don't think they are anything to worry about, even though I can't seem to keep myself from worrying a little.

BM Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1717
    BP:  113/51
    Pulse:  73

    Yep, she's a touch dehydrated and particularly disinterested in liquids, today. I'm water torturing her as I write. Other than this I'm satisfied. She awoke from her nap on her own just as I was headed in to awaken her. For lunch she had 8 oz yoghurt with 2 tsp wheat germ, 5 pimiento stuffed green olives and 11.5 oz V-8 juice.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1700 straight up: Fair volume; excellent consistency in the form of medium sized shit rocks; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up, no more smearing. I think I've finally figured out the correct dose of supplemental fiber.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2035
    Reading:  125
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2030
    BP:  128/60
    Pulse:  66

    Good, good, good. Everything looks good. For dinner she had 6 Buffalo wings and about 2/3 cup small curd 4% fat cottage cheese. Just before dinner she announced that she was "very hungry" and suggested that perhaps she "needed" a piece of "that chocolate cake, if there's any left". There is some left but when I reminded her about it after dinner she decided she was "too full to handle it".
    She retired at 2245; her light went off at 2300.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home