Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Non-stat Breakfast
    I awoke and have carried on through the day in such a bad mood that, although I finished chores and worked with Mom lickety split without a hitch, I completely forgot to take stats.
    I did note, however, her Bowel Movement: Occurred at 1235; good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; clean-up a bit slick and messy but less than it has been, lately. I think I'll cut back to 1 tsp. Benefiber® in the morning for her.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1817
    BP:  133/61
    Pulse:  68

    I took only one stat today, this "lunch" stat, which is to say I took it after she awoke from her nap and before she had her second meal of the day. It was this stat that caused me to realize that it would be best if I not take any more stats today, at least not blood pressure stats, and blood glucose stats are practically no longer necessary. I barked at her as I was taking this stat, can't remember what I barked about, probably lack of fluid consumption or something along that line. You can hear my barking in her systolic. So, I decided, no more stat taking while I'm feeling frustrated and in need of a break.
    I'm lucky, actually, that my mother's health is such that I can get away with not taking her stats when I'm having a day or two of bad mooding.
    Forgot to mention: For lunch she had left over pizza from last night, two pieces, which she devoured with much delight.

Non-stat Dinner
    And, for that matter, not much of a dinner, except that my mother considered it the supreme dinner. Since she'd had a hearty left over pizza lunch I decided today's dinner would be a good time to feed her the piece of chocolate she thought she'd want a couple of nights ago but decided against. Chocolate cake goes well with pill taking. That's all she had for dinner, which happened about two and a half hours after her second meal of the day, and all she wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home