Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1221
    Reading:  88
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1225
    BP:  113/64
    Pulse:  58

    Whew! Looking good again. Today for breakfast, because she mentioned before she rose from bed that she was "really hungry, I hope you've got a good breakfast planned," she got 4 oz. ham steak with her egg and two pieces of toast with cinnamon.

Midday
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1748
    BP:  131/62
    Pulse:  68

    I wasn't concerned about this blood pressure. I was barking at her about something when I took it, hmmm...oh, yeah, breathing through her nose instead of her mouth when she has the oxygen cannula in that's connected to a tank through the OCD.
    Surprisingly, she said she wasn't very hungry. I suggested a glass of orange juice (8 oz juice, 6 oz water). She was enthusiastic. Drank it right down.
    She seems to be "getting better" today. Although I've had her on oxygen all day, I switched back to the tanks this evening. She didn't seem to need a continous 3/lpm flow from the concentrator. She's is good spirits, again, doesn't look drawn and sickly anymore.
    Good.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1916
    Reading:  138
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1912
    BP:  120/50
    Pulse:  61

    Very nice readings, especially since she had orange juice a couple of hours earlier. I guess her diabetes must be packing for vacation.
    She had a hearty helping of mac & cheese with extra Vermont White Extra Sharp Cheddar, chopped Bermuda onions, green peppers and celery, a mixture of ground beef and sausage and a healthy sprinkling of pepper. She ate well. Looked good, too, and remained alert through a movie we watched.
    She had a Bowel Movement at about 2015: Fair volume, excellent consistency, very easy evacuation, almost very easy clean-up. I think it was a good idea to cut the fiber back to half a tablespoon (1.5 teaspoons). I might cut that back even further to 1 teaspoon a day. She gets lots of fiber anyway and I'd like to be able to continue giving her olives.
    I think she really was experiencing a cold. When I talked to my business friend at the oxygen company today when they called to take our weekly order for tanks and supplies I mentioned that I thought my mother was having a cold and she mentioned that she's been having problems with draining mucus into the throat and cold symptoms, too. "Everything's blooming again because of the rain," she reminded me. "Doesn't your Mom have problems with allergies?"
    Yes.
    I hadn't thought of that. At any rate, she's recovering, slowly. I don't think she was having a reaction to the Microdantin, per se, but I do think that, now that she's on it, I have to be extra vigilant when something affects her pulmonary system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home