Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1205
    Reading:  102
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1233
    BP:  145/66
    Pulse:  57

    Her blood pressure's still high, despite the third lisinopril last night. She doesn't appear to be retaining fluid, though, so I'd hate to give her furosemide and dehydrate her. I'll just play a wait and see game, today.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2039
    Reading:  134
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2039
    BP:  133/65
    Pulse:  69

    I don't know, it's weird. I didn't take lunch stats. Frankly, I forgot, although I wish I hadn't. I would have liked to have known what her blood pressure was. She was extremely tired all day. It's been one of those rain-settling-in days and she was not happy about that when I first awoke her at 1100. She decided to go back to sleep and asked me to awaken her at noon. Then, at 1400 she wanted to go to bed again. I tried to get her interested in other things but she stopped listening to me, arose from her chair and headed off to bed. I let her go. She didn't awaken until 1700. I fed her a soup and bread & butter pickle lunch, again: This time the Beef Pot Roast soup with added carrots, green onions, beef jerky and sweet curry powder. She hasn't been dry hacking at all, and she still isn't swelling, not in her feet, anyway; maybe in her belly but it doesn't seem like it. Since lunch she's been dragging, but she's remained up.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1730: Excellent volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; not the easiest of clean-ups, her feces was, again, soft and slick, but not diarrhea. I haven't given her Benefiber® or olives, lately, so I'm not sure what's doing it.
    For dinner she had a home made corned beef sandwich on an onion bun with Italian dressing, mustard, the equivalent of a slice of cheese and a slice of Bermuda onion.
    I will be taking her blood pressure again before she goes to bed.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2220
    BP:  141/70
    Pulse:  78

    I gave her both a third lisinopril and 20 mg furosemide. Her belly was noticeably swollen when she undressed for bed. I'm wondering if any of this is connected to the Benefiber®. You wouldn't think so, but that's the only thing that's been different about our routine, lately. I'm glad we stopped it a couple of days ago. Now, I guess, we'll just wait for it to work it's way out and I'll make sure she gets plenty of fibrous fruits and vegetables and olives, and lots of liquids, tomorrow. I actually expect her to feel better, tomorrow, than she has in two days. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home