Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1204
    Reading:  106
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1235
    BP:  129/71
    Pulse:  73

    Usually I don't mention what she's had for breakfast because it's always the same. Today, though, she had an 8 oz ham steak, her absolute favorite, with her egg and toast and orange juice.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1741
    BP:  101/57
    Pulse:  87

    I can't think of why her pulse rate was so high; it seems to me that part of it was that I took her pressure right after she came into the living room after arising from her nap, going to the bathroom and shuffling out to the living room. Her blood pressure indicates dehydration, though, as does the look of her, probably a continued reaction to the furosemide from last night, and I'm still having a problem keeping her out of bed and getting her to move around. I might have to turn hard on her, tomorrow. I'm trying hard to be gentle and accepting but she's taking advantage of it.
    Anyway, she ate a great lunch: 8 oz yoghurt, about 6 oz of sliced cheese, olives, and a snack, about an hour later, of about 5 oz mixed nuts and dry roasted peanuts. She drinking well, too. We'll see how her dinner pressure looks.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2113
    Reading:  97
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2110
    BP:  110/57
    Pulse:  83

    Her pulse rate is still high and she's been sitting in the living room all evening watching some special programs on Animal Planet. It's gotta be dehydration.
    I was blown away by her blood sugar, especially because of the nuts. I asked her what she wanted for dinner. She grinned and said, "Chocolate cake. Just chocolate cake." So, that's what she got. She's eating pretty healthy otherwise...oh, I didn't mention the V-8 juice she had at lunch. And, day by day, we've been putting off that Cobb salad for other, warm things. I'll be glad when we get rid of the chocolate cake, though. Tonight I had to make two meals because, well, I'm no longer much of a fan of chocolate anything except coffee and cocoa and I just couldn't face down a piece of chocolate cake, tonight, nor anything sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home