Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1313
    Reading:  114
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1324
    BP:  111/59
    Pulse:  63

    This time, I let her sleep. I went to Costco early, intending to be home by 1100. I got caught up in The Search for the Discontinued Toothbrush which delayed my return home until noon. What happened was that I found on one of the shelves an electric toothbrush with two bodies and one charger, exactly what I wanted to replace Mom's and my toothbrushes. The chargers finally gave out on ours. Although we can replace the batteries, the brushes are so old we can no longer replace those. Anyway, I found exactly what I wanted at Costco, didn't have to buy two because the kit contained two, but it was the only one of its kind and didn't have a price listed on the shelf. When I went to Customer Service to price it, they couldn't find it on their computer and the damned thing didn't scan at the cash register. I was determined, though. I didn't want any of the other models. None of them came with two brush bodies. Being a Saturday, it took them a full hour to contact "Central", get the information necessary AND learn how to enter an item that the cash register wouldn't recognize! Whew!
    Anyway, after I returned home, unloaded the car and put everything away, I still hadn't had my coffee nor had I set things up for Mom's arising nor had I done all the cat maintenance necessary (clean food, clean water, clean litter box). By the time I got to the place where I could face getting Mom up and feel good about it, it was 1300. So, it was my fault. She didn't mind. Of course she didn't mind. I felt bad, though.
    Anyway, we had a rather unusual breakfast. I picked up some blueberry/lemon sweet rolls that were advertised as having "half the sugar" of regular sweet rolls, whatever that means, and no artificial sweeteners. I thought those would be good to try, just to see how her blood handles them. I also bought some Canadian uncured ham. So, with her egg she had the ham and a sweet roll. She was thrilled.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2033
    Reading:  159
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2034
    BP:  117/56
    Pulse:  62

    Just pickles and olives for lunch today. When she ate those, about 1730, she wasn't that hungry. She said, and I believe her, that she was still full from breakfast. That was okay with me. I had bought one of Costco's chicken pot pies for dinner. Since she didn't eat breakfast and get her first round of pills until 1400, I wanted to make sure that there was at least 6 hours between her morning and evening doses. She received her pills about 2045. We ate around 2100. That worked.
    I am pleased to note that the sweet roll, big and delicious and it was, apparently lives up to its advertising. With a regular sweet roll I would expect her blood sugar, after 6.5 hours to be close to 200. 159 is good, and respectable.
    Costco's chicken pot pie continues to be extremely salty, although good. Although the sodium doesn't hurt Mom, is probably good for her, in fact, since she flushes water so readily and her blood pressure is nice and low, I put a dollop of sour cream on both our pieces to cut the salty flavor. It did the trick.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 2345 as she was preparing for bed: Volume, fair; consistency, very good with a few shit rocks; elimination, very easy; clean-up, very easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home