Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1035
    Reading:  146
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1005
    BP:  156/80
    Pulse:  61

    Well, it's a mixed up day, to be sure. I'm not sure why either of my mother's stats was so high. In addition, since it was a blood draw day for both a CBC and BMP and I knew I wasn't going to be able to hydrate her much before blood was drawn, the only medication I felt safe giving her was her iron, vitamin C and Protonix pills.
    We went out to breakfast at her insistence after the draw. I, of course, didn't have her medication with me. She decided on the buckwheat Belgian waffle with two slices of bacon baked into it and maple syrup. She also had a small glass of orange juice (probably 8 - 10 ounces). Sugar, sugar, sugar.
    She finally took her pills at about 1345, after we arrived home. Without taking her blood pressure a second time, I gave her two 2.5 mg lisinopril tablets. We'll see how this performs when she awakens from her nap and has lunch.
    Before that, though, immediately when we arrived home, at 1315, she had her Bowel Movement, yet other Cleaner Outer: Excellent volume; somewhat soft consistency; very easy elimination; slightly messy, prolonged clean-up.
    She had no Benefiber® this morning, which is probably just as well. Although I like the fact that her bowel movements are cleaning her out, I'm thinking it might be wise to mediate between two teaspoons and one rounded teaspoon of Benefiber® every morning. We'll try 1.5 teaspoons for awhile and see how that goes.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1629
    BP:  141/62
    Pulse:  75

    Well, her blood pressure isn't as low as I'd like but I'll wait until dinner before I decide to medicate her for it.
    Her lunch continued in the "lunch-lite" vein she established about a week ago: a banana and 11.5 oz V-8 juice.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1918
    Reading:  101
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1912
    BP:  142/65
    Pulse:  62

    You bet I gave her two 2.5 mg tablets of lisinopril at dinner tonight.
    For dinner she had, let me think (I'm reporting for 10/24 on 10/25): Oh, yes, four chicken/mozarella raviolis with my usual tomato marinara with lots of other stuff chopped into it and a piece of grilled roasted garlic Artisan bread with garlic butter and fresh shredded Parmesan.
    She went to bed relatively early for her at 2200. Her light went of at 2215.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home