Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1231
    Reading:  93
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1300
    BP:  145/61
    Pulse:  57
  Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1308
    BP:  117/63
    Pulse:  56

    The difference between the BP taken at 1300 and the one taken at 1308 is a change of batteries. I couldn't believe how high the first one was so I let Mom relax for a little over a minute and attempted to retake her BP. At this point the monitor refused and flashed the "low battery" signal. It could be that the batteries have been low for awhile and I simply haven't noticed. Could be that this has been causing her high readings. I don't know.
    I gave her two teaspoons of Benefiber in her orange juice this morning, just to see if it might help clean her out.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1330 while we were performing her bath: Fairly good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination (obviously); very easy clean-up. It still isn't the Move 'Em Up, Head 'Em Out evacuation I've been expecting but she felt "lighter" afterwards. Just because I know she still probably has fecal matter backed up in her colon, I decided to give her two teaspoons of Benefiber® this morning rather than her usual one rounded teaspoon. It's possible that my concern is unnecessary but it certainly won't hurt her to eliminate a little more than she has been.
    I've been forgetting to mention that as of Saturday she's only been receiving one Niferex-150 iron supplement capsule. We low before I noticed. I reordered on Friday but the pharmacy wasn't able to get them until today. Thus, I spread the remaining two over the weekend.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Time:Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1755
    BP:  127/61
    Pulse:  59

    I know I didn't give her an extra lisinopril at lunch but I don't remember why.
    For lunch she had Marie Callendar's Beef Pot Roast Soup with extra green onions, carrots and beef, seasoned with sweet curry powder and Maharajah curry powder.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2051
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2050
    BP:  139/63
    Pulse:  55

    I also didn't give her an extra lisinopril at dinner. Again, I don't know why.
    For dinner I fixed tuna melts on roasted garlic Artisan bread sprinkled with Parmesan and set under the broiler for about 10 minutes. The tuna was mixed with chopped egg, onion, celery and sundried tomatoes, glued together with mayonnaise and seasoned with celery salt, salad seasoning and onion powder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home