Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  0956
    Reading:  124
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  0956
    BP:  146/68
    Pulse:  60

    Check out the time. She did that all by herself.
    Because we've been battling high systolic blood pressure for more than a few days, I decided to give her two 2.5 mg lisinopril and see if that would do anything.
    I again administered two tsp Benefiber this morning. I think I mentioned, I'll be keeping that up for awhile until I determine that it is either the right dose or it's too much. I can't imagine that, at least for the time being, it will be too little.
    With breakfast she had another of those perfect lemon/blueberry/allspice scones I baked, mainly because we had no other type of bread. I am, as I write this, baking a loaf of 100% whole wheat bread in the bread machine.

Lunch
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1535
    BP:  135/65
    Pulse:  77
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1554
    BP:  133/67
    Pulse:  70

    Two 2.5 mg lisinopril at breakfast and her systolic is still high for her. I gave her yet another 2.5 mg lisinopril at lunch. I'm, frankly, baffled; that's why I took two readings. She continues not to display any evidence of CHF, unless I'm misreading her. Maybe it really is time for her to graduate to two 5 mg lisinopril a day. I'll discuss this with her doctor on November 1st. We'll have more readings by then.
    She wasn't terribly hungry when she awoke from her nap, which was a mere 1.5 hours. All she wanted was a banana and 11.5 oz V-8 juice. I figured, considering her early rising this morning, we'd have an earlier dinner than usual.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1850
    Reading:  90
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1850
    BP:  137/82
    Pulse:  58
  Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1854
    BP:  152/71
    Pulse:  57

    You know, maybe this is a period of worsening of her Chronic Renal Failure. Maybe this is why, over the last few days, we've had some strikingly low BG readings, despite what she's been eating. Maybe she now needs a bit more than even 5 mg lisinopril per day. Needless to say, I administered her regular medication, which brought today's lisinopril total up to 4 2.5 mg tablets. I'm very curious about what results her BMP (blood to be drawn this coming Monday) will reveal; especially her BUN, potassium and sodium levels.
    For dinner we revived an old favorite, homemade nachos. She requested something spicy and filling and this fit the bill: A plate full of Tostitos Scoops, each filled with a drop of canned generic hot chili with beans and meat; a drop of Medium Roasted Chipotle Salsa; the entire batch sprinkled with loads of chopped green onions, a healthy sprinkling of MPBIL's Southwestern Fire spice and maybe 1/4 cup per serving of grated yellow sharp Cheddar. She requested dollops of sour cream on her plate, which I granted. She was really hungry and ate her dinner almost as fast as I typically eat mine.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1830: Fair volume, which could be considered good, considering her cleansing bowel movement yesterday; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home