Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  0816
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  0835
    BP:  138/60
    Pulse:  54

    I awoke her early this morning because I had lots to do to clear a path through our very small kitchen to the range, which was scheduled to be replaced with our new one today. Today I again gave her two level teaspoons of Benefiber® in her orange juice. Since it doesn't appear that this amount is changing the consistency of her bowel movements, I'll probably continue this for awhile to see if this doesn't keep her eliminatory activities somewhat more active.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1015: This was the Head 'Em Up Move 'Em Out evacuation I've been anticipating: Excellent volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1558
    BP:  121/59
    Pulse:  58

    We had the same thing for lunch that we had yesterday. This time, though, Mom watched me cook it on the new range.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2005
    Reading:  62
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2013
    BP:  145/69
    Pulse:  53

    I was surprised at her BG. That's a little too low. I probably should have insisted on a snack between lunch and dinner. Whenever she gets curry in something for lunch her blood sugar seems to drop. I didn't take this into account today.
    I gave her an extra lisinopril at dinner. I think her BP was a result of me being snippy. I seem to be having a little trouble controlling my mood, again this year. It must be seasonal.
    For dinner we had sauerkraut with turkey/artichoke/garlic/sundried tomato sausage and lemon/blueberry/allspice scones. She retired at 2230. Her light went off at 2300.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home