Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1202
    Reading:  121
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1217
    BP:  122/63
    Pulse:  61

    Well, I guess yesterday's double dose of lisinopril did the trick. We'll see what the next few days' stats reveal.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1916
    Reading:  84
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1920
    BP:  121/54
    Pulse:  56

    No lunch stats as she didn't actually have a lunch. She slept through it and by the time she awoke I figured, well, we may as well have dinner. Although I'm not sure how she did it, sometime after breakfast she pulled her back. She began complaining about it after she had her Absolute Head 'Em Up, Move 'Em Out bowel movement so I'm thinking her insistence on sitting on the toilet long after her bowel movement was complete and reading one of her tabloids cover to cover may have had something to do with the kink in her back. We'd planned to go to a local hardware store here that has a fully stocked baking section to look for interesting cookie cutters but her back problem nixed this. I gave her one 200 mg ibuprofen for her back while she was sitting in the rocker after her bowel movement. About a half hour after that she decided to lay down. When she awoke her back must have been much relieved because she was mystified about why I was asking her how it was.
    We also planned to order delivery pizza from a local place for dinner. After I was disconnected twice because of their busy night I gave up and Mom said, "Well, why don't you get us hamburgers, onion rings and fries?" So, I did. Her portion, which was somewhat more than mine (I rarely eat fries unless I'm in the mood for ketchup and I'm rarely in the mood for ketchup; I rarely, as well, eat fast food hamburgers anymore so last night I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich), was hefty and she polished it off.
    Her bowel movement occurred between 1430 and 1500: Excellent volume, truly a cleaner-outer; good consistency, a bit on the smeary side; easy elimination; somewhat challenging clean-up because of the smeariness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home