Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1120
    Reading:  118
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1119
    BP:  139/63
    Pulse:  55

    I'm a little surprised at her systolic, but I had a hard time getting her to relax in the bathroom. She finally told me that it was too cold for her, so I guess it's time to rachet the baseboard heater up. It goes up, in the winter, by degrees until, sometime at the end of December, it's on full blast 24/7 until late spring.
    The only change at breakfast was that I served bulk sausage with her egg scrambled in, seasoned with MPBIL's Southwestern Fire spice. Tomorrow we'll return to bacon with breakfast.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1837
    Reading:  86
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1836
    BP:  119/56
    Pulse:  65

    Mom slept the good sleep this afternoon during her nap. I didn't disturb her. When she awoke she refused any lunch so I decided to hydrate her on coffee and make dinner, which would take about an hour to get on the table. That was fine with her. So, no lunch at all today.
    Dinner, however, made up for it. I started with a basic recipe for Potatoes au Gratin, then added the rest of the corned beef, chopped; the small bit left of the Canadian ham, chopped; 5 green onions, sliced; about 3/4 cup chopped celery; about 1/2 cup chopped green onion; about a teaspoon of a savory mix of typically Italian spices. Excellent. Afterwards, we finished off what little Rocky Road was left from the carton I bought last week; about 3/4 cup apiece.
    Afterward Mom said, "That was the perfect dinner."
    I love to hear that from her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home