Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1307
    Reading:  129
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1324
    BP:  127/63
    Pulse:  57

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2044
    Reading:  101
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2043
    BP:  112/64
    Pulse:  56

    I had a little bit of a problem this morning...almost forgot stats to do stats, and I think I learned something, although I'm not sure. We'll have to see. Mom was up and in the bathroom around 1230, I was wrestling with cats. By the time I got to the bathroom I had forgotten to take stats until about halfway through her bath. I took her blood glucose immediately, between face and arm washing, but decided to wait on the blood pressure until she was comfortably seated at the table for breakfast; it was a quick bath; she had only barely leaked at night, which I rather expected since her feet were not even the tiniest bit swollen when she'd retired last night. I've done this before and it has made no difference, as morning irritation is as likely at the table as it is in the bathroom. But, low and behold, I got a relatively decent blood pressure reading! Frankly, it's a hassle taking it at the table because of the way our furniture is positioned. I'm wondering, though, if Mom feels more settled at the table because the "handling" of her that's involved in bathing is over and she knows she can relax and will be allowed to handle herself. It could also be because we were able to perform a quick bath.
    Her nap was also relatively short. She wasn't interested in lunch, either; I couldn't even tempt her with peanuts or olives, two of her favorite things, so I honored her her lack of interest. By the time she'd "worked up an appetite" (which is, actually, a droll way of putting it), it was about 2030. I served chili dogs with home made chili on whole wheat bolillo rolls with lots of chopped fresh Bermuda onion and freshly grated sharp yellow Cheddar. Once again, pre-dinner, she mentioned the possibility of "something sweet later", and I was willing, but I petitioned her at 2200, then again at 2300, and she wasn't interested.
    She retired at midnight, straight up. Tonight she wasn't interested in reading herself to sleep, so her light was off by 0015 (it takes about 15-20 minutes to get her ready for bed and squared away in her bedroom, which usually includes conversation and light play with the cats, who always attend to her when she wakes up or retires). I told her that I had an errand to run on Saturday for which I couldn't leave until 1145 and may not be back until about 1300. "That's okay," she said. "I won't have any trouble sleeping in." That's an understatement! "Why don't you pick up some kind of sweet rolls on your way home?"
    I'll see what I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home