Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Surprisingly, Full Stat Day:

1st Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1815
    Reading:  105
1st Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1810
    BP:  133/63
    Pulse:  58

2nd Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2255
    Reading:  284
2nd Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2250
    BP:  156/71
    Pulse:  58

    You'll notice the peculiar time for the first stats, and the peculiar change in the title: "1st" instead of "A.M."; "2nd" instead of "P.M."
    Mom's first readings were not fasting readings. She'd already been up for a couple of hours, eaten dill pickles, sourdough bread and butter on her own, moved around a little, entertained herself and was about to go back to bed when I awoke from a nap in the livingroom. I didn't bother to do anything but make sure she was well hydrated and clean.
    The, the first reading of the day took place when she awoke from her nap. We also had breakfast at that time. I was so impressed by her BG reading, considering the sourdough bread, although it's light in carbs, that when she asked if we "have any more sweet rolls" I defrosted a raspberry Costco Danish for her. Her eyes glittered.
    She didn't actually have dinner, but drank a lot until she went to bed. The reason I took her stats before she went to bed is to determine if I should administer her second glipizide and lisinopril so close to the first. Her stats told me all I needed to know. So, she missed only one iron capsule and two garlic tabs.
    She retired at 2300. Her light remains on. I'll report when it's extinguished.
    Her light went out at 2340.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home