Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, August 28, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1307
    Reading:  153
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1327
    BP:  110/61
    Pulse:  60

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2037
    Reading:  144
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2040
    BP:  121/60
    Pulse:  55

    I'm still concerned about her BG, although her BP seems to be doing much better, and I'm seeing to it that she remains well hydrated, neither over or under. The BG problem could be one (or more) of any number of things. Maybe it's the strips. Maybe the glipizide is no longer working for her; this is not an uncommon occurrence. Maybe some other health problem is affecting her BG. At any rate, I'm going to exercise as strict control as possible over her diet (minus this coming Wednesday, of course), try to get her out moving, more, take a few more control tests until I'm convinced, one way or another, whether the strips might or might not be the problem, continue full BG stat days, you know, all the usual; and see what happens. As well, I'll research other diabetes medications to see what might look good. Glucophage, of course, will probably remain off the list. I'll be very careful about researching Avendia. The others, I'll just read as much as I can and cross research regarding her other health conditions. I'm hoping to be fairly well informed by the time her appointment occurs on September 12th. At that time, as well, I'll have lots more data from her life to work with.
    Breakfast: Normal.
    Lunch: V-8 juice with 1/2 tsp Maharajah curry powder (it has saffron in it).
    Dinner: Chicken cobb salad with fat free croutons and our usual home made Greek/Italian dressing.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1510; Fairly good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    I wasn't able to get her to move today. She didn't seem to be feeling up to par, although every time I asked her (many times), both generally and specifically, she continued to tell me that she felt "okay". I substituted an adult buffered aspirin for her usual 81 mg aspirin at breakfast with no argument from her, as, when I asked her about general stiffness she answered, "Yes, I guess so." Otherwise, her energy level has just been unusually low. Her nap, though, lasted only two hours today. I didn't have the heart on insisting on another walkering session today. I figure, we'll see how she feels tomorrow. Then, of course, on Wednesday, she'll be doing some walkering, as well. That's one good thing; she remains excited about the trip on Wednesday, so we should have an excellent time.
    I'll report back on her retirement and lights out times.
    Retired at 2340. Lights out at 0000, 8/29/06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home