Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Three Quarter Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1308
    Reading:  159
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1319
    BP:  140/81
    Pulse:  59

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2021
    Reading:  134
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Her BG seems to be slowly getting back to normal. Not sure about her BP. She continues to find it really irritating when I test it, so, for awhile, anyway, I'm just doing it in the morning. She wasn't quite as dehydrated this morning as she has been, either. I must confess, I was still a little surprised at how high her BG was this morning, but I think with a little more attention to hydration and movement, we'll get back to where we were.
    Breakfast: Normal, including her usual O.J., although I had to substitute Kielbasa for bacon, as that was the only breakfast meat we had left, this morning.
    Between breakfast and her nap I coaxed her out for a two-lap driveway walkering session. I told her we needed to get her moving in order to bring her BG down and to get her ready for the upcoming trips to the Valley over the next few weeks. It was hard for her: She rested standing up at each end of the driveway; took a short sitting rest after the first lap. She complained about a slight small of the back ache afterwards, too, so, before her nap, I gave her an adult buffered aspirin. That seemed to do the trick. Her nap lasted for three hours, but I gave her that, knowing that she needed to incorporate the unexpected, unusual movement. I expect, as the days continue and she moves more, her naps will go back to their half hour to two hour typicality.
    Thus, no lunch, just coffee while I set up dinner: A roasted chicken leg and thigh and a hearty but not too hearty dinner salad, minus the usual meat, when it's a Cobb salad; an excellent variety of vegetables, though, some chopped garlic stuffed, chardonnay marinated green olives (mmmm...were they good), a light sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan, some "real" croutons (which Mom prefers), my home made Greek/Italian dressing.
    As of this writing, she's a good hour and a half to two hours from retiring, I'm sure. I'll check back and note her retirement and lights out times.
    Retired at 0030, 8/28/06. Lights out at 0045. Just before heading into the bathroom to prepare for bed, she asked for an aspirin...asked for it. She never does this. I quizzed her and she said the stiffness from walkering, today, was "getting to [her]". So, of course, I gave it to her. When she actually asks for an analgesic, which is rare, she gets it. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home