Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

BM Three Quarters and a Quarter Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1337
    Reading:  143
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1342
    BP:  147/69
    Pulse:  55

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2051
    Reading:  108
Blood Pressure:
    Not Taken

Late P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2257
    Reading:  170
 

    She and I are both tensing up, again, as I take her BP, so I've decided to take an evening break on that, for awhile, unless it looks like I should take it. Also, note the "Late P.M." BG. From this morning's BG, it looks as though she could have used that third glipizide, but I guessed, since we had Cobb salad, that she wouldn't need it. I guessed wrong. So, tonight, I decided to take her BG a third time about two hours after dinner. This told me that administering a third glipizide would be a good idea, and safe. So, she got it, along with her usual night meds, at bedtime.
    Breakfast: Normal. Mom asked for an aspirin at breakfast, saying, "I feel awfully stiff, this morning." Since she rarely asks for any analgesic, I substituted an adult buffered aspirin for her usual 81 mg dose.
    Lunch: Coffee and peanuts.
    Dinner: We were going to have Cobb salad, again, but she asked if we had any more Costco chicken pot pie. Since she remembered it enough to ask, I said yes, and that's what I gave her.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1515: Good volume; fairly good consistency; very easy elimination; somewhat challenging clean-up.
    From 1530 - 1630 I had her walkering outside on the driveway while I did some yard clean-up. She rested when she felt like it, but, pretty much, she kept walkering and only rested at the end of each lap. She also went off trail a lot to see what I was doing and comment on the yard. At one point, we both sat on the retaining wall discussing the yard and finally decided tomorrow would be Home Depot visit day. We'd get a manual lawn mower, a scythe, a pedestal fan (one of ours bit the dust yesterday) and look at fall bulbs with the idea of purchasing some irises and maybe some daffodils and day lilies for planting and spring and summer blooming.
    She napped from 1700 - 1900. I didn't have to awaken her. She was up, hanging over the railing that separates our foyer from our living room, at 1900 straight up.
    She retired at 2330. At this point, she seemdd to be having a bit of trouble with internal lung congestion (not external; no signs of fluid retention) which had begun much earlier in the day. I decided to give her 200 mg of guaifenex before bed. Her light went out at 2345.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home