Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Today' Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1138
    Reading:  96
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1151
    BP:  128/66
    Pulse:  79

    Back to Canadian bacon this morning. I also gave her a tablespoon of Benefiber® to help augment the rest of last night's bowel movement. She experienced some minor respiratory distress in the bathroom just previous to her bath and hacked up some phlegm, so I immediately put her back on oxygen through the concentrator, since that is continuous, and gave her a 600 mg tablet of Mucinex to help her expell the phlegm. I was actually relieved that she was coughing up phlegm. I was beginning to worry that the Macrodantin was causing her high pulse rate and might be affecting her lungs, as that is one of the "rare" side effects but, apparently, she's got a bit of a cold. I took her arterila temperature and it was normal, 99.5°. I told her, with the Mucinex, she needed to stay up for awhile to help it work and, although she didn't have much energy, I was able to keep her up until 1500. All the time she was up during her "morning" I kept her on the oxygen concentrator at 3/lpm continuous flow.
    About an hour after breakfast she complained of some minor back pain. Once I'd determined it wasn't in her kidney area I gave her an extra strength acetaminophen.
    Still concerned about the high pulse rate but am not sure what to do. Maybe it's a result of the cold she appears to be suffering.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1915
    Reading:  85
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1909
    BP:  127/62
    Pulse:  65

    Well, her pulse rate's coming down and she was no longer experiencing respiratory distress when she awoke. That's right, no lunch stat because I let her sleep until a little before 1900. She seemed to feel much better, didn't even remember that her back had been bothering her.
    For dinner she wanted "something spicy" so I made chile polish sausages on hot dog buns with chopped green onions and grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese. Once again, as usual, I guess, she ate like a champ. She stayed up late, too, until almost midnight, watching old situation comedy after old situation comedy. I tried to get her to play a board game but she refused, saying she'd rather watch TV.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred just before she went down for her nap at 1445: Fair volume, probably the last of yesterday's movement; excellent consistency; very easy elmination; very easy clean-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home