Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1308
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1325
    BP:  126/60
    Pulse:  57

    The 126 systolic is Mom's annoyance at me telling her several times to "relax your arm" while she repeatedly insisted, "I am", then me proving to her that she was not by dropping her arm and it remaining in mid air. In other words, everything's fine.
    When I entered her room to awaken her, she was up and ready to stand, so 11.5 hours worked for her last night.
    I made the mistake of not putting anything away last night before I went to bed. She spotted the sweet rolls which I'd left out and decided this morning would be a good morning for them, once again. We also had the Canadian uncured ham. Again, today will probably be a two meal day with a very, very light lunch when she arises from her nap.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2040
    Reading:  245
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2038
    BP:  142/61
    Pulse:  56

    No lunch stats since we didn't officially have lunch and her blood pressure is doing fine. She did have some pickles and olives but that was a post-nap, pre-dinner "hold me up".
    Although her blood pressure seems high, her concentration was honed in on something on TV; hmmm...can't remember what, now, oh, yes, The Last Temptation of Christ. I've got to remember to get that movie. Anyway, she was completely unable to relax her arm in order for me to get a correct resting blood pressure, so drawn into the movie was she. So, after one attempt, I stopped.
    Let's see. We had left over Costco chicken pot pie for dinner with a dollop of sour cream to cut the salty taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home