Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  0953
    Reading:  116
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1239
    BP:  120/57
    Pulse:  58

    The huge discrepancy in the time I took her separate stats is a reflection of her morning. She made me swear, practically on a stack of bibles, that I would awaken her "no later than 1000." Which I did. She was extremely drowsy but I bid her hand over the edge of the bed and got her blood sugar.
    She was dozing again when I completed the test. "Another half hour," she mumbled after I assured her that our company had arrived about 0730.
    Followed a plea for another 15 minutes and then a plea to be allowed to sleep.
    I, too, relaxed abnormally and slept for about an hour, with company there, who were transfixed by the gossip tabloids Mom saves for them over the months between visits.
    Mom is still asleep as I write this. About an hour ago she roused, looked at the clock and decided to remain in bed. She looked like she could use it.
    We'll probably have only one more extended meal today: What would be considered either a heavy lunch or a light dinner. Maybe a little bit here and a little bit there. Considering that she didn't eat until about 1330, I don't think there will be a problem. She's dehydrating as we speak, of course, but she had a little fluid rentention last night.
    When I mention fluid retention in the evening she always consciously and out loud makes the connection between that and the amount that she sheds at night, knowing full well the overflow is urine. In the morning, invariably, it is first "sweat".
    I gave her 200 mg ibuprofen before she laid down. I think she went in around 1500. Yes, because I asked her if she wanted to watch Murder, She Wrote and she gave me a hang-dog expression and said, "I just want to go to bed, now."
    I let her go.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1826
    Reading:  99
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1840
    BP:  121/56
    Pulse:  60

    Since Mom slept most of the day and once she awakened she felt as though MCS & daughter's visit had happened "yesterday", knowing that her favorite meal is always breakfast, I suggested a hearty breakfast-dinner: skillet sizzling fried ham slice from last week's baked ham, a hard-over highly peppered egg, two slices of warm home made bread slathered with margarine, a 12 oz cup of decaf instant coffee and 8 oz orange juice diluted with 4 oz water.     She assented with, "Sounds great!"     No problem getting her to eat. She was not particularly energetic tonight. She turned down playing board games and reading. While I was searching for another idea she said, "I just want to sit."     She and I vegged out in front of TV until she headed into the bathroom for her Bowel Movement at 2150: Very good volume; good consistency, a little slick; very easy elimination; fairly easy clean-up.
    "Since I'm already in the bathroom," she announced, since I'd rubbed her legs down previous to her bowel movement, "I may as well get ready for bed."     I complied, scurrying to get her pajamas and clean paper underwear. She was sitting on the edge of her bed by 2200. As of this publishing her light remains on; she's reading, I'm sure. I'll start counting down twelve hours when it's extinguished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home