Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1148
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1211
    BP:  114/57
    Pulse:  59

    Everything looks good. I've cut her back to one piece of bread instead of what had become her usual two. Since we're back in the seasons of home made bread, though, it's a thick slice. I didn't mention anything and she said nothing, so I think we're fine.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1726
    BP:  112/58
    Pulse:  63

    Everything seems to be back to normal with her blood pressure. Tonight's BP reading will tell the tale.
    In the meantime, lunch: Very light, lighter than I've ever seen her eat. I think I know the reason. When she awoke I was baking a ham, the ham she's been wanting for weeks and weeks. I finally found a small enough one at Costco yesterday. The house smelled incredibly fragrant. She wanted ham for lunch but it wouldn't be done until dinner. That's all she wanted. I talked her into a banana and 11.5 oz V-8. She talked about the ham the entire time she put away the banana and the V-8.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2021
    Reading:  99
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2017
    BP:  108/59
    Pulse:  55

    Right on the money. Excellent. I won't be taking her blood pressure tonight before bed.
    She got her ham tonight. With pickled beets (pickled without sugar) and the rest of the butterfly pasta salad with the rest of the peas from two nights ago and some chopped olives added.
    She ate like a ham demon, which is what she is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home