Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1328
    Reading:  101
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1328
    BP:  102/56
    Pulse:  61

    I'm beside myself. I don't know what to do, anymore. I don't know how to motivate her anymore. I should describe what happened yesterday concerning her going along to a couple of stores with me. The entire episode, before I finally left the house on my own lasted 1.5 hours. I'm still recovering from that one.
    So, today, I just let her sleep in because, frankly, I didn't want to face her. Other than being a little dehydrated, her stats look good. She ate well. She seemed fine this morning.
    I don't know. I give up.

BM Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1726
    BP:  110/55
    Pulse:  63

    Nice BP. She's hydrating well today, in part because I got her out and walkered her. Although it was not appreciated, it bothered her back, her knees and the backs of her calves, it also stimulated her thirst.
    Normal lunch: 8 oz yoghurt; about 1/3 cup MCS's Bread & Butter pickles; 11.5 oz V-8 juice.     Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1745: Cleaner-outer volume; good consistency, left behind some slick tracks; very easy elimination; slightly messy clean-up but not bad.

Non-stat Dinner
    I didn't take stats before dinner. I can't remember why, but I do remember that we had a pretty unusual dinner. Just prior to dinner the last of three home made loaves of bread came out of the bread machine. The house smelled of freshly baked bread, we had two loaves that had endured the sweat box for a couple of hours and were at their peaks of flavor and texture. One was a rich, sweet egg dough loaf with pieces of dried Granny Smith apple and pecan swirled throughout. Mom said, "Those smell so good, why don't we just have fresh bread for dinner?"     So we did. It was toothsome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home