Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1000
    Reading:  89
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1022
    BP:  129/62
    Pulse:  57

    Although her systolic is a little high I'm not concerned. I shuffled her around "early" this morning so we could take care of the lab draw. She was Johnny on the Spot during the entire procedure and there was barely a moment when she was truly relaxed. When the lab technician drew blood I noticed the clock in the foyer: 1119. Good timing.
    Breakfast was a bit different this morning. Since we had baked ham last night, she had a hearty portion of ham with her egg and toast.

BM Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1616
    BP:  114/55
    Pulse:  62

    I was right not to worry about this morning's systolic reading. For lunch she's having, as I type, about 3/4's cup of cottage cheese; 6 pimiento stuffed green olives; 11.5 oz V-8 juice; one banana.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1550: Good volume; excellent consistency; easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2134
    Reading:  109
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2127
    BP:  141/69
    Pulse:  78

    I should have taken her blood pressure again before she retired. She probably could have used a third lisinopril last night. I intended to but we had yet another dinner fiasco involving scalloped potatoes, this time with ham and parmesan cheese. I guess I'll stop making them. Even though I was sure I'd corrected for altitude the dish took much longer to bake than I anticipated. It tasted good but looked unappetizing. Neither Mom nor I was able to eat much. I fixed her a ham sandwich, instead.
    At any rate, I rubbed her legs down last night and that, alone, relieved the swelling in her feet, which was of unusual volume but not extraordinarily so. Then we got involved in "watching" more of The Old Testament Christian Bible on DVD and before I knew it Mom was up, getting ready for bed, then asleep. Then I remembered about taking a bedtime blood pressure. I'm sure she'll be fine. I'll just keep an eye on her BP tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home