Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1114
    Reading:  111
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1114
    BP:  124/60
    Pulse:  54

    Seems Mom's BG did well on a dinner of bread (and, for her, loads of margarine) last night. Dinner wasn't the free-for-all it sounds like. She had two slices, a little thinner than a half inch each, which she slathered with butter to her liking, and some cranberry juice.
    Perfect meal for both of us last night.

Non-stat Lunch
    Lunch happened at an extended trip to Costco on which my mother accompanied me with fuss. She sampled her way through the store then we had a berry smoothie before heading home.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1926
    Reading:  115
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1924
    BP:  113/54
    Pulse:  58

    Mom's dinner stats are amazing, especially considering her extended, voluptuous, Costco Sample lunch and the berry smoothie. Could be all the exercise she received walkering through the warehouse from sample kiosk to sample kiosk.
    At her insistence, we picked up a Costco Shepherd's Pie for dinner. I've always avoided it because of the lack of vegetables listed in the ingredients and what I have assumed to be the preponderance of potatoes, since that vegetable is listed close to first in the ingredients. Neither Mom nor I is much of a potato fan, although I like them a bit more than she.
    Mom liked the pie. A lot. I found it a little disturbing. I didn't realize the crust was going to be mashed potatoes. Mom didn't recognize it as such and enjoyed it, calling it "a hearty crust". I threw most of my crust away. Costco uses ground beef, so the internals look a little like half-digested beef to me but I didn't mention this. Because of Mom's taste for it, I froze all that was left. I don't think I'll be buying another, though. When she gets the urge for stewy, pie-y beef, I'll make a beef pot pie with a nice, thin pastry crust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home