Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1006
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1006
    BP:  130/69
    Pulse:  51

    We both seem a bit more aware than yesterday. I'll keep my eye on her blood pressure. We're back to a bacon, egg and toast breakfast, our normal venue.
    She was up of her own accord at the above time. I was pretty thrilled. She also awoke out of a strong memory phase regarding her uncle, his "boys" and who the woman was "taking care of his boys". I kind of figured her confusion and shock over me straightening her out might register as slightly elevated blood pressure. It did.

BM Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1448
    BP:  132/65
    Pulse:  55

    Can you believe it? We're having what would be considered a normal day!
    Because of her high systolic this morning I decided to take it again at lunch. I administered her "third" lisinopril at this time. She wanted just a "light" lunch: 11.5 oz V-8 juice, about 1/2 cup cottage cheese with lots of pepper and a banana.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1445: Fair volume; excellent consistency; easy elimination; very easy clean-up. At this point I should mention that she thought she needed to move her bowels at 1215 but sat on the toilet for an unsuccessful 15 minutes until she decided she must have been wrong.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1853
    Reading:  118
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1853
    BP:  129/54
    Pulse:  53

    Ahhh...a fairly normal day, fairly normal hours, good humor, good stats, what more could I ask for? Although her systolic is higher than her normal reading, since she received a "third" lisinopril at lunch, I think, with a good leg rub this evening before bed, she'll be fine through the night without me checking her BP at bedtime.
    For dinner I took the dregs of the baked ham (the slices were separated into servings and frozen) and made ham & bean soup, adding chopped celery, onion and green pepper and a very liberal sprinkling of MPBIL's Southwestern Fire spice mix. I also grilled some whole wheat garlic/Parmesan bread as an accompaniment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home