Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1251
    Reading:  109
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1245
    BP:  113/60
    Pulse:  67

    Everything looks good. I should mention, in anticipation of what stats will look like the rest of the day, that she had two sweet rolls for breakfast this morning: A cake donut Long John without icing and a cheese/cream cheese danish with icing.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1813
    BP:  107/55
    Pulse:  81

    In case you're wondering, yes, she's been "running on low" for the past several hours and I can't seem to get her interested in drinking.
    She had a light lunch by choice: A banana, 6 pimiento stuffed green olives and 11.5 oz. V-8 juice; and, I suppose I should mention, a 12 oz. cup of her usual instant decaf coffee. I mention this because she voluntarily drank both amounts within an hour of lunch.
    With the banana, I can't wait to see her BG reading at dinner.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  269
    Reading:  2038
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2038
    BP:  132/63
    Pulse:  61

    Whoo-ee Mama! I shudder to imagine what her blood glucose was an hour ago!
    For dinner we had home made hamburgers spiced with Worchestershire sauce on onion buns with a medium slab of Vermont White sharp Ceddar and a dollop of dill pickle relish. I baked a potato and served half to each of us because she wanted French Fries and I didn't think that would be a good idea on this particular day. I slathered our halves with Greek Feta dressing and freshly shredded Parmesan. She ate only a quarter of her potato. She also drank a root beer and asked for a cup of coffee later in the evening.
    Again I considered a third lisinopril but decided to go with a vigorous leg and foot rub instead. She should be fine by morning. She retired at 0030 and her light went off around 0100, so I'll start checking on her about 1230 tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home