Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1133
    Reading:  127
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1143
    BP:  162/74
    Pulse:  58

    I'm not sure why her BP is so high on both measures but as a precaution I administered two 2.5 mg lisinopril to her this morning at breakfast. Company will be arriving today for two days and I didn't want to take any chances, since I know her excitement level will soar as soon as they arrive.
    I know why her glucose is unusually high for her morning reading: Her body is still enjoying the apple pie, ice cream and caramel sauce she had last night.

Lunch
    In a sense, lunch was practically non-existent. She ate a banana somewhere through the afternoon and munched out on several olives about two hours before dinner but she, and all of us, were much too busy to worry about formal eating of a lunch, today. She's very lively today and took a less-than-an-hour nap so I'm not worries. I figure that this will give her a chance to work off the apple pie.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2022
    Reading:  86
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2022
    BP:  152/75
    Pulse:  56

    Although I don't recall company ever having this effect on her blood pressure I'm also not surprised. She's been animated all day and we were in the middle of watching a very involving movie when I put the player on pause and took her stats. I also gave her two 2.5 mg lisinopril for dinner, so her total today has been four lisinopril, a total of 10 mg, which is in no way dangerous to her.
    For dinner we had Costco chicken pot pie. No dessert. No one wanted any. Everyone ate heartily, including Mom.
    My guess is that her blood sugar will probably soar tomorrow, as well, as she has already talked, this evening, about the possibility of having apple pie for lunch. As well, MPS and I will be going to New Frontiers in the morning to buy some kind of breakfast bread, which will no doubt be sweet with fruit, at least.
    During visiting events, as you may know if you're a regular reader, I don't worry to much about either of her stats running high, as she is usually in high gear anyway and the sociality does her immense good, emotionally, socially and physically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home