Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1301
    Reading:  82
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1306
    BP:  131/64
    Pulse:  55

    I'm not sure why we're having this run of high systolics in the morning. Could be I'm not giving her enough time to relax on the toilet before I take it. I'll check her out later, at lunch probably.
    Her bowel movement occurred at 1330: Fair volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1728
    BP:  123/58
    Pulse:  58

    Well, everything looks fine. Again, I'm not going to worry, I'll just be observant.
    Lunch was typical: yoghurt, V-8 juice and 6 pimiento stuffed green olives.

Non-stat Dinner
    I can't remember why I didn't take stats but I'm figuring it's because I got this inspiration for dinner and had to go out and purchase it. Apple pie (a good one) with Baskin Robbin's French Vanilla Ice Cream and caramel sauce. Don't ask me why I felt the need for apple pie. I normally hate apple pie. But that's what I wanted last night. My mother didn't argue (of course not; applie pie is one of her favorite things). So, I quickly called Coco's, the only place around here that's known for selling halfway decent pies at 1900 at night. They had one Dutch Apple left. I left to get it, picked up the ice cream and caramel sauce on the way back, and we each had an 8th of a piece of the pie with about 3/4's cup ice cream and a couple tablespoons of caramel sauce; at about 2020. We were both thoroughly satisfied.
    I won't have to worry about the disposition of the left over pie today. MPS and MPNC are dropping in on us for a couple of days. Apple pie is MPS's favorite. They'll polish it off in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home