Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1200
    Reading:  120
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1219
    BP:  128/72
    Pulse:  61

    I let her go until noon, today. When I entered her bedroom she was already up on her elbows, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, babbling about plans for Christmas. I think this may be why her blood pressure was a little high. I've decided, though, that for the next week I'm going to routinely give her three 2.5 mg lisinopril a day and a fourth at bedtime, after measuring again, if her BP at dinner is high (anything above 125 systolic), to see if this helps even out her all over the map, unpredictable pressures.
    Breakfast was normal. I started the 1.5 tsps Benefiber® today. We'll see how that works, too.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1751
    BP:  154/70
    Pulse:  60

    Although I think the height of her blood pressure is due to her unusual excitement when she arose from her nap, I decided not to take it again. For this coming week, until her next doctor's appointment, I am taking her blood pressure only two to three times a day and changing her lisinopril medication schedule to three to four tablets a day, regardless of her readings. I want to see if upping her lisinopril slightly helps to regulate her blood pressure.
    She did, indeed, receive a "third" lisinopril at lunch, which consisted, at her request, of what has become her usual banana and 11.5 oz of V-8 juice.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1921
    Reading:  176
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    There's the recently eaten banana in her blood sugar. Since dinner followed so fast on the heels of lunch, I didn't take her blood pressure again, just administered her usual pills so that she has had three 2.5 lisinopril tablets today. I was tempted to take her blood pressure but didn't, thinking I'd postpone the last reading until before bed. As it turned out she went to bed only a mere two and a half hours after dinner, so I didn't bother. I'll see what her blood pressure measures in the morning.
    We had a left-overs dinner tonight, one of Mom's favorite types of dinner: left over Mac & Cheese with all those vegetables added, left over sauerkraut with artichoke/garlic/sundried Tomato sausage (which is actually pretty flavorless so once we finish off this package we probably won't be eating it again) and left over potatoes au gratin to which I added green onion and green pepper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home