Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1015
    Reading:  120
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1014
    BP:  137/78
    Pulse:  65

    Not sure why her BP was so high...maybe she's retaining water and it's been collecting so slowly that I've been unaware of it. Before I do anything I'll see how she reads tonight. I'm pleased with her relatively early awakening, though, although it happened with a bit of coaxing from me.
    Breakfast was normal, with bacon.

BM Non-stat Lunch
    She took only a very short nap, from 1300 - 1400, approximately. Had a very light lunch: V-8 juice and 8 oz yoghurt.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred upon awakening, at 1500: Poor volume; fair consistency, lots of little shit balls; a bit of difficulty eliminating; easy clean-up, some retrieval of tiny, sticking shit balls. I'm thinking that she might needs something to move the fluid along in her body.
    Soon after breakfast she complained about both her knees bothering her. I gave her an ibuprofen about 45 minutes after breakfast and egged her into drinking a cup of instant decaf coffee to get the tablet down and dissolving.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1917
    Reading:  89
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1911
    BP:  153/69
    Pulse:  63

    Well, something's definitely going on with her blood pressure. I decided to give her 10 mg lisinopril for dinner: Her usual 5 mg dose with the addition of two 2.5 mg lisinopril tablets from her last batch of pills.
    For dinner I served sauerkraut and kielbasa, to a purpose. I decided that I would give her 20 mg furosemide before she went to bed to pull water off her and see if that, with the pills, lowers her BP. I'm sure now, from studying her all day, that she is, indeed, retaining water in her torso. I think this may be why her energy level has been so low over the last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home