Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1212
    Reading:  123
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1245
    BP:  154/60
    Pulse:  55

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2116
    Reading:  116
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2117
    BP:  110/65
    Pulse:  57

    This morning included the last of the sweet rolls I bought yesterday, cheese Danishes, so I'm quite pleased with her evening BG. At breakfast I substituted an adult aspirin for her normal 81 mg aspirin because she was stiff enough to complain about it.
    She took a standard nap, just under two hours. Wanted only peanuts for lunch. I served the Tomato Biscuit Pie for dinner. I thought it was filling, but she asked if we had any ice cream around 2230. We do. I gave her two scoops with chocolate sauce, and a second glipizide. She was completely satisfied.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 2000: Fairly poor volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up. I decided, despite the bowel movement, to give her just under two tablespoons of Phillip's Milk of Magnesia before she went to bed. I also noticed, when I rubbed her legs down, that she seemed to have retained an unusual amount of fluid in her feet and face just throughout the evening, so I decided to give her 10 mg furosemide as well. I don't usually like to give it to her at night, but I was alarmed at how quickly the fluid collected, especially since she hasn't been retaining fluid at all over the last more than a few days. In fact, again, this morning, her bed was dry and her feet told me that it wasn't because of water retention. Despite the dry bed, I don't like the idea of a limited bath twice in a row, so I suggested a modified full bath, just to make sure that all her kitten scratches were thoroughly cleaned and her skin was stimulated all over her body. Essentially, this meant that we fudged only on her legs, where I cleaned the scratches up with soap and water. Everything else got it's normal treatment.
    She stayed up until 0045 (3/20/06). Her light went out at 0100. She had a good day today...not terribly lively, in fact we never got a chance to read, we launched a Sorry tournament, instead, then she got caught up in a couple of mysteries on one of the cable channels until it was time for The L Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home