Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

BM Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1213
    Reading:  149
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1236
    BP:  138/66
    Pulse:  54

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2004
    Reading:  144
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1959
    BP:  127/60
    Pulse:  70

    Although my plan was to allow Mom to sleep "in" until 1230, she was up on her own at noon. Good. Breakfast proceeded as usual. Again, she took a shortened nap, just an hour today. Very good. She was interested in lunch, today, at about 1830. I served her heavily peppered cottage cheese and V-8 juice. I offered either olives or pickled asparagus spears but she wasn't interested.
    I was surprised at her BG reading for dinner. I'm not sure why it was so high. Even though I hadn't planned anything starchy or sweet I gave her a second glipizide with her dinner pills, anyway, just to see if I can't get it down for a bit. I'm thinking, now, maybe, depending on her HA1c reading, for which blood will be drawn April 4th, that maybe a second glipizide a bit more often than she's now getting would be in order, but not every day. I'll need to check with the doctor to see if this is an acceptable way to use glipizide, or if it is one of those "either/or" medications that needs to be used on a regular schedule. If it is, I may request 5 mg ER pills, one for morning, one for evening, with extra 2.5 mg tablets if necessary. I'm just guessing, right now. We'll see how her HA1c reads.
    For dinner I served rolled, tenderized flank steaks stuffed with bacon bits and Portabello mushrooms and home pickled beets (without sugar).
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1600, when she awoke from her nap: Excellent volume; very good consistency; very easy elimination; easy clean-up. I was pleased at the volume. She hasn't had an "excellent volume" movement for awhile.
    She retired at 2320. Her light went off at 2340.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home