Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1313
    Reading:  139
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1323
    BP:  157/81
    Pulse:  71

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2002
    Reading:  123
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1954
    BP:  131/66
    Pulse:  59

    Despite my best laid plans, mentioned over at my second post of the day at The Mom & Me Journals dot Net, I didn't get my extra half hour. Mom was awake and in the bathroom on her own at 1300, so I hopped to. Probably was a good thing...it kept me out of myself. I worked hard, today, at being "normal". Interestingly, Mom countered me every step of the way. Didn't want to play Sorry. Didn't want to read this afternoon or this evening. Over the last week or so she's become a fan of Walker, Texas Ranger through it's late night reruns after M*A*S*H; she thinks it's meant to be broad comedy and chuckles through it; but she didn't even want to stay up for those, tonight.
    I'm not sure why her BG was high today, nor why her BP was high this evening and as high as it was this morning. Could have been a reaction to what may have been my obvious work to be "normal". I don't know. What I do know is that I plan on asking the doctor if I should maybe up her evening dose of lisinopril to 15 or 20 mg, just to see if that takes her blood pressure down in the morning. I mean, it may be a reaction to me and the irritation she feels at being statted in the morning, but high blood pressure is high blood pressure.
    Wow. It's 2338. Her light just went off. Guess I'd better plan on getting her up between 1130 and noon, tomorrow.
    For dinner she had left over tomato pie, which she loved. Lunch, again, was a very light affair again, a 1 oz bag of peanuts at 1800, maybe an hour after she arose from her nap, which happened maybe 20 minutes after she went down for her nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home