Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1345
    Reading:  124
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1423
    BP:  143/65
    Pulse:  57

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2034
    Reading:  113
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2033
    BP:  119/60
    Pulse:  55

    No, Mom didn't get up as late as it looks. After awakening her at noon she asked for another hour. At 1300 we spent a long time in conversation and admiring our cats before I even bothered to ask her for her finger for testing. She was moving slow this morning and coughing a lot...without internal lung congestion. Although her feet looked fine, her face was puffy and the coughing was pretty frequent. I decided to give her 10 mg furosemide at breakfast, which, as you can see from her "A.M." blood pressure reading, happened close to 1530. I also left her on concentrated continous 3/lpm oxygen while she bathed. During and after breakfast for an hour or so I put her on tanked pulse oxygen. By the time she went down for a nap, about 1745, she was breathing fine on her own and not coughing.
    No lunch, again. Dinner happened a good half hour after after I took her stats. It was a frozen chicken thing I made some time ago, with lots of veggies and mushrooms, covered with an herb sauce.
    I noticed, while I was rubbing her legs down, that her feet had begun to swell again. Also, she was a little dazed today; not a big deal, but I had to remind her a few more times than usual how to arise from the toilet, to drink fluids (although I didn't give her any more than usual, even though she was taking it off regularly because of the furosemide), little things. Partly I think this was because of the fluid retention, then artificially pulling it off. Partly I think it was because we've got a low moving in, yet again, with rain in the forecast for three more days. Partly, I think, I need to push her into moving a little outside, again, although, obviously, it'll be a couple of days before that happens, so I need to stress the informal exercise sessions, maybe twice a day and definitely every day. She remains in good humor, though, and extremely willful. Good signs, both. If her feet are still a bit pudgy tomorrow morning I'll give her furosemide again. It will be 10 mg. I'm thinking, though, that the time has come that she might need 20 mg when she needs it. That might help take the fluid off and keep it off until her body remembers, yet again, what to do with fluid.
    She retired at 0038, 3/27/05. Her light went off at 0055.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home