Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Back to Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1049
    Reading:  180
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1108
    BP:  140/69
    Pulse:  59

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1955
    Reading:  137
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1951
    BP:  128/60
    Pulse:  62

    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at her A.M. BG, considering the cake and ice cream dinner last night, although I was certainly surprised at her BP. It may be explained by my inability to stop her from playing with Mr. Man while trying to take her BP, I hope, because she certainly looks drained of fluid.
    I was also surprised and pleased at her spritely arising so early, at 1040. I won't get my hopes up, though.
    Breakfast was the usual. Lunch was the usual. I did not forget her second iron capsule.
    For dinner I served buffalo wings, cottage cheese and, something else, let me think, what was it? It was a vegetable side dish, of that I'm sure, because I remember thinking as I served it: "Meat, dairy, spice (which is a food group in our house, since spices help control my mother's BG, as well as other benefits) and vegetables." Ah well, it's the 19th of May that I'm finishing this and I can't remember. Oh, yeah. Corn on the cob.
    She retired at 2345. Her light went out at 0015, 5/18/06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home