Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

BM Three Quarter Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  0639
    Reading:  112
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1939
    Reading:  203
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1935
    BP:  137/71
    Pulse:  76

    I was thrilled to see her BG reading this morning. Even though a high BG wouldn't have changed that I had decided to allow her whatever she wanted to eat at lunch, and probably pie for dinner, today, I was glad she got a good, low start.
    I didn't have time to fix bacon, so I served Kielbasa with her eggs and toast this morning. I switched out her usual 81 mg morning aspirin with an adult buffered aspirin, knowing that it would probably help head off some of the stiffness and small-of-the-back-ache I knew she was going to feel at some point during the day from her walkering. It did head off some of it, but not all of it.
    For lunch she ordered a hunk of Marie Callender's cornbread (it's actually corn cake, with honey butter, which is why she loves it and I hate it); a double order of breaded, fried jumbo shrimp with some sort of seafood sauce, and ate a full dinner salad with Thousand Island Dressing. The only med she received was her second dose of Niferex-150.
    Dinner was, indeed, pie. She chose to her her slice of peach pie. This is when I gave her all her remaining meds and supplements. I'd given her an adult buffered aspirin before her nap, which occurred, I think I said 1700 over at the main journal, but it was actually around 1730.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at about 1645, just after we arrived home: Fair volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    She retired at 2030 tonight. Her light just went out at 2050. She asked me to let her sleep as long as she wanted in the morning, to "recover from today's trip". I told her I would, sort of, but I was going to be judicious. If she wasn't up by 1230, I would be calling her. That sounded fine to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home