Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Three Quarter Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1226
    Reading:  124
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1304
    BP:  133/65
    Pulse:  55

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2031
    Reading:  136
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Well, her BG seems to be responding a little bit to to the severe cutback in refined carbohydrates, but not enough for me to be convinced that the cause isn't something else entirely.
    Breakfast was completely normal, right down to the diluted O.J. I just wanted to see what would happen, and since her arising BG was lower than the last few days, I figured today would be a good day for this.
    Lunch was a glass of V-8 juice with 1 tsp sweet curry powder ("sweet" meaning not hot...it does not mean it has sugar in it).
    For dinner I served scrambled eggs with ground, defatted, bulk sausage, with which I sauteed chopped onions, red bell pepper, celerly and fresh garlic. I also added a rounded teaspoon of MPBIL's Southwestern Fire blend, with a selection of fresh fruit on the side: Pineapple, mango, raspberries, blueberries and kiwi fruit.
    Tomorrow is trip day, so I coaxed her to go to bed as early as possible. Her first try was at 2200. She was up, again, though, when I went to bed at 2330. Then, again, she was awake at 0030, 8/30/06, going to the bathroom. She admitted that she slept "a little" between those interruptions, but, as well, "I think I'm excited about the trip tomorrow." I think so, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home