Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Three Quarter Stat Day:

Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1235
    Reading:  148
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1302
    BP:  115/60
    Pulse:  70

Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2058
    Reading:  159
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Breakfast: Normal except no O.J. Detox tea and a cup of coffee, instead.
    Lunch: V-8 juice with 1 tsp sweet curry powder.
    Dinner: Cobb salad with: avocado; cherry tomatoes; herb greens; green pepper; Bermuda onion; carrot; steamed, cooled broccoli; radishes; diced ham; freshly grated Parmesan cheese; chopped garlic stuffed green olives; full fat, full salt croutons; a new Green Goddess dressing without sugar but with lots of other flavorful stuff, not a "lite" version.
    When she awoke this morning she seemed weaker than usual. She also had lost a lot of water through the night, more than I expected. I worried that she might have lost so much water that she was low in sodium; her weakness reminded me of her previous low sodium episode. And, yet, her BG was much higher than I expected. I chalked this up to the O.J. yesterday. She was also complaining of her back hurting on her right side (not where a kidney is) and was having trouble straightening fully. I chalked that up to the vigorous walkering yesterday. Since rain was definitely in the air and had begun to fall before her breakfast was over, I decided to go light on the exercise, today, and scrap it all together if it looked like she needed a day of rest. I also gave her an adult buffered aspirin instead of her usual 81 mg aspirin at breakfast. After awhile, this seemed to perk her up and within a couple of hours she seemed to not remember that her back had hurt, although she continued to seem a bit weak on her right side.
    At 1500 she decided she wanted to lay down for a nap. I didn't stop her. She slept for four hours. I finally decided, because I was nervous, to awaken her at 1900. She seemed well rested but still a bit weak on the right side. That's when I gave her the V-8 juice, which is extremely high in sodium, and harassed her to drink it in a timely manner, which she did. I made sure that the Cobb salad for dinner included lots of sodium and potassium loaded stuff. I was surprised at her high BG reading, again, although I suppose I should be getting used to this. Something is definitely wrong, or going wrong. As well, I think she's not holding onto water and losing all the sodium I've been adding to her diet. I'm not sure how that's happening. I've been careful about holding to a strict not-too-little-not-too-much fluid intake, today, and yet, she shed so much water between dinner and retiring that she actually leaked through her double paper underwear, which she hasn't done for ages. She did, however, seem much revived by the time she decided to retire, at 2330. She was in bed by 2350. Her light went out at 0015, 9/7/06.
    I also gave her another dose of Phillip's Milk of Magnesia, as she hasn't eliminated any more and I'm sure she's backing up in there. This also has two different types of sodium in it. I hope it helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home